Primary Dancer, Administrator, CFO, Production Head
As any seer will attest, the path to understanding consciousness is fraught with uncertainty. Geetha, our primary dancer, believes that dance is the root of her search for meaning; and the means for her to reach out to people.
Her experience is hard to equal, and Geetha features in and contributes to the bulk of Nritarutya’s performances. She is known for her patented acrobatic stunts. She has found a foreground in trying to understand legalities and applying important practices to the organization.
All of us at Nritarutya wear many hats – creative, administrative, strategic, more. Geetha, methodical to a fault and with near-savant number ability, handles all our administrative work, production, and finance.
She manages all our productions and events extending her organizing and management skills.
While we appreciate her quest for understanding consciousness, most of us would be quite happy just understanding how she juggles all of that so well!
Geetha: The journey so far…
- Trained in Kathak under Kum. Jayanthi Eswarputhi
- Bharatnatyam under Smt. Minal Prabhu
- Kathakali from Sri Probal Gupta
- Taek-Won Do from Sri T C Anup
- Kalaripayattu from Guru Ranjan Mullaratt
- Workshop in Carnatic classical music under Ms. Chandana Bala
- Studied Yoga under Franz Adreini, Pradeep Gowda & Sandeep
Projects of Note
- Managed 80-dancers’ large scale production ‘Madhushala’ for Mr.Amitabh Bachchan’s 70th birthday
- Actively involved in Nritarutya’s educational and outreach activities, conducting classes for slum children and corporate workshops with the same fervor.
- Choreographed a Bollywood production-Evolution of entertainment, comprising 400 children, for Vidya Shilp Academy.
- Manages Adhyaya- Managed four consecutive editions of the festival